Tuesday, December 25, 2001

I Hate Having My Birthday On Christmas
By Jesus. Posted on 2001-12-24

Having My birthday on Christmas sucks. Those of you out there who were born on or around December 25th know what I'm talking about. If you're born in July or February, your birthday is something special. It's YOUR day, and your friends and family take special care to treat you well and buy you gifts and simply celebrate. But if your birthday is on Christmas, like Mine is, you get lost in the shuffle. EVERYONE is celebrating, EVERYONE is buying gifts for EVERYONE else, and you're just not special. The worst is when people buy you fucking "combination" birthday and Christmas gifts. What a load of donkey crap! Everyone else gets TWO sets of gifts, and I only get one. And you think they spend twice as much on Me? Hell no. It's always the same excuse, "It's the holidays so we couldn't afford to spend a whole lot". The cheap fuckers. Even back when it was just My birthday and nobody else was making a big deal out of it, I still got shafted. I mean, what the hell are Frankincense and Myrrh, anyway? So this year, I'm not going to celebrate Christmas. I'm not buying gifts for ANYBODY but Me. (Dad's really hard to shop for anyway. Talk about the Guy who literally has EVERYTHING). Maybe it's time to give Kwanzaa a try.

No comments: