Saturday, June 28, 2003

VNS Update - Followup visit to the neurologist today...he plugged in the computer, did the diagnostic check on the VNS - no problems like last time, still up and running at .75 every 5 minutes. whew, that's a relief. i still wish i knew what the hell it was that altered the settings last time!!!

so, finding that the machinery was all good, we moved on to talking about the pharmaceuticals - told him about how it seems that the Keppra is kicking my ass, and he reminded me that i'm still taking most of the Dilantin that i was on before the Keppra (taking 400 mg instead of 500 mg, but that's still a fair dose)...being tired is definitely to be expected, since i'm on all these drugs...so he agreed that more time off work was warranted - he wants me off for 3 more weeks! so i'll be reducing my dilantin by 100mg every 10 days - had to write it all out in my date book, because i know there's no way i'm gonna remember it otherwise!

told him about the website and he said he'd mention it to his other patients if i wanted him to - that's giving me incentive to get some work done on it...

No comments: