Monday, April 17, 2006

mother fucked!

so, my luck with mothers lately hasn't been so great...

first and foremost, the death of my mother in november...

well, then the motherboard on my laptop got zapped (damned static electricity from new carpet installation in my condo)...

and then last friday lightning struck the condo, and BZZT! i had a power surge and now Best Buy's diagnosed a fried motherboard in my desktop machine! arrrrrrgh! and they tell me that the part won't be in till friday the 28th! meanwhile, i'm still waiting for packaging to arrive to ship off the laptop (thank god the thing was under warranty till May 5!)

so, now i'm learning all this grown-up shit about homeowners insurance - do i need to make a claim? the tv in my bedroom was fried, as well. and i dunno about the condo's insurance and their responsibility in checking out the electrical issues in the building (the unit two floors directly above me was the one that took the brunt of the damage)

so if you've sent me an email and i haven't replied - bear with me...i'm using my brother's machine right now, cuz i needed to take care of some bill paying, etc...i figure i can be a puter hobo till my machines are up and running...guess i'll hafta go back to the old-fashioned way of handling things - PHONE CALLS! eeeek!

how i'm gonna deal with withdrawals from my TotalFarking, i still have no clue...it's painful. *pout*

No comments: