Thursday, April 20, 2006

la de dah...

so, they're coming on monday to replace the motherboard - nice to know i won't have to wait another week before the thing comes in...

meanwhile, other material things in my life are falling apart...

the remote on my tv has decided that it no longer likes the number 5. so, if i wanna go to the tv guide channel (#95) i hafta punch in 96 and then the down arrow. thankfully the thing's still under warranty, so they're gonna send me a new one - this was after the classic comedy of going to the store and them telling me to call the parts department toll-free #, calling the parts department toll-free # and them telling me to have the store call them. argh! well, it's done and should be in the mail sometime soon...

and my sunglasses have magically disappeared. i purchased a matching pair to go with my glasses when i purchased them from eyeglass world a while back - they're magnetic and not easily replaceable with an off-the-rack pair. sooooo, i go and they tell me that they'll be $99 to replace. WTF?!?!? there's no way i'm gonna pay $99 for a pair of sunglasses! then they inform me that they can give them to me for $45. what in the hell?!?!!?? that's quite a racket they've got there, when they can instantly reduce a price by less than half just because i say i won't pay $99. suffice it to say, i'm gonna keep much closer tabs on these puppies. of course, i hafta wait a couple of weeks before they arrive, as well...

No comments: