Tuesday, April 05, 2005

malpractice?

the more i think about it, the more the comment from Dr. Markand REALLY pisses me off. he's one of the neurologists i'm seeing prior to the epilepsy surgery. while i usually deal with other docs, my last appointment i got to see him. when he saw that i haven't lost a significant amount of weight since my last trip to the office, he told me that i should "put a piece of tape on my mouth". i was taken aback when he said it, and didn't comment during the appointment. but since then, that comment has been eating away at me - no pun intended.

yes, asshole, i am aware that i am fat. take a glance at my chart - you'll see that it's not just from one too many twinkies. YES, i do have a problem with overeating/binging from time to time, but i also have to deal with being diabetic, having PCOS, and god knows what psychiatric diagnoses they've come up with for me now. telling me to put a piece of tape on my mouth does NOTHING to help the situation - perhaps recommending appropriate diet/exercise plans or something POSITIVE would help, instead of further throwing me down the hole of depression.

so, say i take that piece of tape and put it on my mouth - i don't eat but continue to take my prescribed meds - my blood sugar drops and sends me into a seizure that just might not end. should something like that happen, i'd say that it's very obvious that this is a case of medical malpractice by Dr. Markand - he's the bastard that did say i should stop eating.

grrrr. the whole thing just has me seeeething.

No comments: