Thursday, February 12, 2004

good little pancreas...

today's trip to the endocrinologist was a good one - my hemoglobin a1c was 6.6 (surprising, since i haven't been very good about checking my sugars lately), my cholesterol's doing very well, everything seems fine and dandy. well, except for the weight thing - i need to lose some weight.

dr. priscu is quite a woman - i was telling her about my unemployment and how hard it is to find a job and she was telling me about coming from romania years ago and not being able to practice medicine when she got here because she didn't know english, but that there were plenty of jobs for people - if you wanted to work, finding a job was not a problem. but it's just not that way nowadays - she never imagined the US would be in the shape that it is now. she also came out very anti-war as well - it's interesting to learn some of the more personal aspects of doctors, especially when they align with my own political beliefs. *8-)

No comments: