Thursday, April 08, 2004

Social Attachments

so, i was driving through Crown Hill cemetery yesterday, and took a different route than usual. a sculpture that's on display there caught my eye, so i got out and took a look at it. pix don't do it justice, but here's one anyhoo:



i was taken aback when i read the artist's commentary - on a stand next to the sculpture, it reads:

Social Attachments

My intention with Social Attachments was to illustrate different relationships. Some are solid; some are passive; others are tenuous at best.

Michael B. Wilken $8,700


ya know, i don't think i drove past that sculpture - i think something out there drove me to it. just looking at it was cool, then reading about relationships and knowing how i'm dealing with that sort of stuff in my life right now just really freaked me out a bit...

solid...passive...tenuous...

No comments: