Wednesday, July 30, 2003

VNS Update - Saw Dr. Mohan today after a major anxiety attack before I was supposed to be going to work on Tuesday (didn't go). He's deferring to my family doc, who told me to take a couple more weeks off and find a new psychiatrist (the one I was seeing left the practice early this year) to make decisions on meds.

That stuff's not particularily VNS related, but when I saw Dr. Mohan today I asked him about the use of the VNS as a depression treatment. Since it's not FDA approved for that use in the US, he doesn't know have the info on how it works. So I don't know if just having the VNS in me to treat my seizures will provide an added benefit of treating my depression, or if they have different settings to use in the treatment of depression - something to look in to, certainly.

No comments: