Tuesday, July 22, 2003

VNS Update - It's been a really muggy day out there. High temps and high humidity. Those two factors collide to give me some difficulties breathing (aka dyspnea). I've not had breathing problems before the VNS surgery, which is a bit surprising considering the difficulties my mom and brother have had with asthma (although mom's may also be related to her cystic fibrosis as well) but after the surgery I had complications, including atelectasis that made breathing very difficult. That cleared up, but when the heat and humidity get to be overbearing, I find myself getting out of breath very easily.

Otherwise, things seem to be going well - no seizures. Still slightly paranoid cuz i don't notice the pulsing as much, but at my appointment to see the neurologist on Friday we'll check everything out to make sure all's still good - if that's the case, it's back to work Monday!

No comments: