Thursday, April 03, 2003

I got turned on today!!! and not in that nasty, perverted way that my cow-orkers snickered at - I got the Vagus Nerve Stimulator activated!!! we're starting it out low - he set it to pulse at 25, with the magnet pulsing it at 50 - i need to call in and get the specific numbers, i think i was a bit confused about them...

anyhoo - it's set low enough that it's not affecting my voice (not yet, at least) - the sensation is like someone's got a hand around my throat, and it's throbbing...somewhat uncomfortable, but definitely not painful...and hey, if it prevents or lessens a seizure, it's well worth it! i'm sure i won't even notice it after a while...

the neurologist wants to see me again in a month to see how things are going - meanwhile i'll continue to take the same dosage of dilantin that i've been taking...i think they say to stay on the regular dose for 3 months after activation before tinkering around with lowering the pharmaceuticals - i'm still excited, regardless! here's to no seizures!!

No comments: